Old World Harness Thick Leather Belt - Handmade in the USA
This Old World Harness leather belt is made from the most durable, long-lasting leather we have ever come across. Hermann Oak's Old World Harness leather is traditionally been used for reins is the saddlery world. What makes this particular leather so durable is that it is heavily hot stuffed and has heavy tallows and waxes applied as well. This helps add a weatherproofing coat to the outside of the leather so that it can be used in any type of conditions.
Great Father’s Day gift!
Our harness leather belt is perfect for that thick gun belt or a heavy duty tool belt. Each belt is carefully handmade in our shop in Warsaw, North Carolina. We use many old saddle-makers techniques during our belt-making process.
- Antique Brass
- Antique Copper
- Antique Nickel
This harness leather belt will be the best belt you will ever purchase and it will last a very long time! We wanted to ensure that the buckle hardware would last as long as the belt itself would, so we chose the premium roller buckles from Weaver Leather. These buckles have a weatherproofing protect-ant coated on the exterior to help protect from rust over time.
For a more dressy belt option, take a look at our other belt styles.
- Old World Harness leather from the Hermann Oak tannery in St. Louis, Missouri
- Thickness averaging 13 oz. (5.2mm) compared to our standard belts which are 9 oz. (3.6mm)
- Hand finished edges
- Premium roller buckles
- Chicago screws to secure the buckle
- 1.5" wide strap
- 7 holes positioned 1" apart (allows for up to 7" of adjustment)
- Belts are made-to-order and cut to your specific size
- To find your perfect size, measure in inches your current belt from where the leather folds around the buckle, to the hole you most commonly use (you waist size will not be the size pants you wear)
- Generally if you wear a size 36" then you would purchase a 38" belt, but it is best to measure an old belt if possible
- Hermann Oak Old World Harness in Russet
- Premium roller buckles from Weaver Leather with chicago screw fasteners
- Wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth
- Apply Smith's Leather Balm by hand
This is absolutely the best belt I've ever purchased. Had several work belts over the last decade that haven't lasted 3 years. I'm pretty sure this will be the last belt I ever purchase.
Just the right amount of heavy duty, well made and finished. Hardware is great and leather is high quality. It's already starting to patina nicely after a week of use. Very satisfied..
The usual excellent craftsmanship, plus oval belt holes and 7 of them for a wide fit range. The color was very much to my liking, and it is quite thick. Such a substantial and nice belt!
A little too thick and heavy, but a nice color.